Monday, August 31, 2009

Pastor Steve

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today."
The above quote is from Pastor Steve Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona, in a sermon entitled, "Why I Hate Barack Obama." I find this man and his followers disturbing, not only because of what he says, but because he claims to be a Christian.
"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray."
No, I'm not going to say I like Obama, but I don't wish him death and damnation. Firstly, because, God wishes that all men might come to the knowing salvation of Him, and secondly, Joe Biden as president freaks me out even more than Obama. Christian's should pray that Obama repents of his sins and becomes a Christian, not that he dies and goes to hell.
"Look up the word hate. Look up the word abhor, the word loathe. You'll see there are a lot of people that God hates, and so we should hate. But see, I didn't write that, that's in the Bible."
Where? In Luke 6:27-29? "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either." Hmmmmm... sounds a little different than what Pastor Steve is saying. Does God hate? Yes, he hates that which is evil and those who have violated His laws and do not repent. But he does not tell us to hate others. We can have righteous anger, but do not hate. Obama is a lost soul, the same as everyone else, including Pastor Steve. Pastor Steve should stop preaching his gospel of hate and actually become a Christian, because right now, he is just making Christians look like hypocrites.

No comments: